keeping dogs safe in canine hydrotherapy
Achieve your level 4 diploma in canine hydrotherapy
- Do you want to advance your clinical skills in canine hydrotherapy?
- Are you needing to progress your practice to effectively treat more complex canine cases?
- Have you searched for a course with ongoing support during and after your training?
- Do you want to find a course with comprehensive practical “hands on training” delivered by clinical specialists?
LEVEL 4 DIPLOMA IN
Advance your canine hydrotherapy clinical skills and expand your “Therapeutic Toolbox” to meet the specific needs and achieve the best outcomes for each dog in your professional care.
This isn’t your average course.
It’s led by canine therapists with over 27 years of clinical experience, who are clinical specialists and do the job.
Link this to 15 years of expertise as an accredited clinical educator and you have the perfect course for hydrotherapists.
By the end of this course you will:
- Advance your clinical skills in canine hydrotherapy, so you can effectively treat complex canine cases
- Expand your “Therapeutic Treatment Toolbox” so you are able to devise the best canine programme for each dog you see
- Progress your professional status so you lead practice in your area
- Aspire to influence the practice ethos choices of others to support a dog centred approach
- Achieve CPD hours of study for the next few years, to meet the requirements of your professional body
This Ofqual regulated L4 Diploma course is the perfect progression to advance your clinical skills and reasoning from your L3 Certificate in Canine Hydrotherapy.
To achieve the full L4 Diploma you need to build 37 credits from the units provided. The Diploma’s total qualification time (TQT) is 365 hours and each unit represents a specific number of credits.
You build your Diploma award one unit at a time with our integrated support and mentoring.
Our flexible modular format enables you to complete single Units as a complete “mini course” providing you with an amazing training experience to progress your skills. This will also meet your professional CPD study hours requirement, plus bank your earned credits with SEG Awards.
You choose the unit you wish to study, decide when you wish to start and steer your training programme to work at your pace. Each Unit course is delivered to you in 2 modules and course fees are divided into two part payments, one for each module.
Module 1 – Online course resources for the Unit course you select to study (see below). Our amazing learning platform offers you a multi formatted and interactive experience. It includes our unique instructional technical videos (K9TVs and OneShot video series) video links, informative scripted sections, annotated visuals, articles, clinical templates, unit tutorials, quizzes, downloadable pdfs and unit workbooks designed especially for you.
Unit 1 Advanced Canine Aquatic Treadmill Techniques – 15 credits
Unit 2 Advanced Canine Hydrotherapy Pool Techniques – 15 credits
Unit 3 Advanced Hydrotherapy Water Management Strategies + Solutions – 8 credits
Unit 4 Advanced Hydrotherapy Treatment Techniques for the Senior Canine Patient – 9 credits
You choose when you wish to start your studies and set your own pace of learning to suit you.
You need to pass both the theory and practical elements and we use assignment based assessment methods which generate useful clinical tools and case studies for your practice.
You have 12 months to achieve your selected Unit course and you are supported throughout this time to help you achieve your goals.
These are based on the K9HS Courses L3 Certificate programme – Units 3 and 4.
What Others Are Saying
“I completed my Level 4 Advanced Aquatic Treadmill Techniques Unit with K9HS Courses, under the guidance of Barbara and Sarah. During my time on the course, they both offered me support through the theory-based side of things with zoom meetings and calls to reach my specific goals and understand the criteria.
During my time on the practical Masterclass, I was able to evolve my skills within the aquatic treadmill, focusing on land-based and static treatment techniques with different cases. This enhanced my knowledge linked to practical skills to add to my treatments.
I learnt a huge amount during my time with them, not only building on my Terra and Aquatic Therapeutic Handling skills, but also working on specific sensory and touch-based work. This makes for a much more holistic and powerful treatment for each canine case. I have already taken these advanced skills forwards in the treatment of cases within our clinics.“
– Jess Pearce, Snowy’s Canine Therapy Centre, Smarden, Kent.
MODULE 1PAYMENT 1
- Online course materials to help you advance your knowledge and clinical skills
- Unique instructional technical videos for you to review, to help you progress your clinical skills
- Open access to the K9HS Community for you to have support and a forum to ask questions
- Booked Professional Discussions with Barbara to help you with your specific course queries
- Ongoing email support for you to connect with Barbara when it works best for you
MODULE 2UK PRACTICAL
- Unit 1, 2 + 4 each have a 2 day Masterclass linking Module 1 knowledge to treatment techniques
- Unit 3 has a 1 day Masterclass at £197, in person or can be remote
- Bespoke online Practical Training Hub to support your “hands on” training experiences
- Blended practical training linking your practice to the Masterclass experience
- Practical assessment focuses on a blended procedural skills approach
Please note: separate fees are charged for Module 1 and Module 2. You MUST commit to both modules but will only be charged for Module 1 initially.
Who is this course best for?
We offer bespoke training experiences to meet each person’s specific needs and have a clinically enriched training programme delivered by canine physiotherapists specialising in canine hydrotherapy.
Which credentials will I get for completing this course?
This course has been fully approved and endorsed by the Institute of Registered Veterinary and Animal Physiotherapists (IRVAP) and its sub group; Institute of Canine Hydrotherapists (ICH).
Why can't I just buy the course?
This long term study commitment is for the serious candidate wishing to advance their professional status and achieve a recognised ofqual qualification.
What assessments do I need to complete?
Plus you need to pass a practical skills assessment. We work with you providing support and mentoring throughout the course and beyond.
Do I need to buy books + additional learning materials?
What if I need more time to complete my studies?
How do I know if this is the right course for me?
Meet Barbara Houlding
My vision is to positively support and mentor dog focused individuals. I am passionate about helping find solutions and providing exciting opportunities for growth and success in the canine field you work in. Whether you are experienced or new to working with dogs, our community consists of a world wide group of like minded individuals who are all about the dog!
“I believe in working with each dog and their consent, using clinical reasoning to make every therapeutic touch count!”