keeping dogs safe in canine hydrotherapy
Achieve your level 4 diploma in canine hydrotherapy
CLOSED TO NEW REGISTRATIONS.
- Do you want to advance your clinical skills in canine hydrotherapy?
- Are you needing to progress your practice to effectively treat more complex canine cases?
- Have you searched for a course with ongoing support during and after your training?
- Do you want to find a course with comprehensive practical “hands on training” delivered by clinical specialists?
LEVEL 4 DIPLOMA IN
CANINE HYDROTHERAPYAdvance your canine hydrotherapy clinical skills and expand your “Therapeutic Toolbox” to meet the specific needs and achieve the best outcomes for each dog in your professional care.
This isn’t your average course.
It’s led by canine therapists with over 27 years of clinical experience, who are clinical specialists and do the job.
Link this to 15 years of expertise as an accredited clinical educator and you have the perfect course for hydrotherapists.
By the end of this course you will:
- Advance your clinical skills in canine hydrotherapy, so you can effectively treat complex canine cases
- Expand your “Therapeutic Treatment Toolbox” so you are able to devise the best canine programme for each dog you see
- Progress your professional status so you lead practice in your area
- Aspire to influence the practice ethos choices of others to support a dog centred approach
- Achieve CPD hours of study for the next few years, to meet the requirements of your professional body
This Ofqual regulated L4 Diploma course is the perfect progression to advance your clinical skills and reasoning from your L3 Certificate in Canine Hydrotherapy.
To achieve the full L4 Diploma you need to build 37 credits from the units provided. The Diploma’s total qualification time (TQT) is 365 hours and each unit represents a specific number of credits.
You build your Diploma award one unit at a time with our integrated support and mentoring.
Our flexible modular format enables you to complete single Units as a complete “mini course” providing you with an amazing training experience to progress your skills. This will also meet your professional CPD study hours requirement, plus bank your earned credits with SEG Awards.
You choose the unit you wish to study, decide when you wish to start and steer your training programme to work at your pace. Each Unit course is delivered to you in 2 modules and course fees are divided into two part payments, one for each module.
Each Unit course = Module 1 + Module 2 (face to face practical Masterclass)
Module 1 – Online course resources for the Unit course you select to study (see below), access to our inner community, support, mentoring and course processes with the qualification awarding body.
Our amazing online learning platform offers you a multi formatted and interactive experience. It includes our unique instructional technical videos (K9TVs and OneShot video series) video links, informative scripted sections, annotated visuals, articles, clinical templates, unit tutorials, quizzes, downloadable pdfs and unit workbooks designed especially for you.
Unit 1 Advanced Canine Aquatic Treadmill Techniques – 15 credits
Unit 2 Advanced Canine Hydrotherapy Pool Techniques – 15 credits
Unit 3 Advanced Hydrotherapy Water Management Strategies + Solutions – 8 credits
Unit 4 Advanced Hydrotherapy Treatment Techniques for the Senior Canine Patient – 9 credits
Module 2 – This offers you a bespoke practical Masterclass with one to one practical skills training for your clinical skills advancement. Each Unit course has a mandatory practical element.
Module 2 is delivered at K9HS Physiotherapy + Hydrotherapy, Bedingfield, Eye, Suffolk. Your practical training is supported with booked Pro Discussions with Barbara and you have open access to our innovative online Practical Training Hub.
You choose when you wish to start your studies and set your own pace of learning to suit you.
You need to pass both the theory and practical elements and we use assignment based assessment methods and progressive clinical skills assessment to support you in achieving your goals. You have 12 months to achieve your selected Unit course and you are supported throughout the course and beyond.
What Others Are Saying
– Jess Pearce, Snowy’s Canine Therapy Centre, Smarden, Kent.