PROGRESSing your canine Skills
Advance your clinical techniques, skills and confidence, with support. We work with you and provide choices to find your best fit.
We offer online canine courses, an amazing CPD members site and bespoke face to face practical training and Masterclasses.
Passionate about healthy, happy dogs
We are delighted to be a part of your canine journey, whether you are new to working with dogs, or are experienced. Together, we explore and share clinical skills, techniques and knowledge and pledge to support you. Your success is our success, which means healthy, happy dogs!
Meet Barbara Houlding
I’m committed to finding solutions through sharing clinical skills supported by sound knowledge, to help you advance your canine skills.
My vision is to provide high quality CPD choices and foster a positive and friendly network promoting the very best health care for the wonderful dogs we see.
I’m passionate about helping you discover opportunities to build valuable therapeutic connections with the dogs in your life. I believe in exploring the “why” of treatment choices and sharing techniques to make every therapeutic touch count.
Credentials – LINK – Barbara’s Story
- First UK Accredited Clinical Educator in veterinary physiotherapy (awarded by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy)
- 10 years experience as an accredited clinical educator, lecturer, assistant examiner at the Royal Veterinary College on their Postgraduate Masters in Veterinary Physiotherapy
- Co-Course Director for the Nottingham Veterinary School’s Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert level 7) in Small Animal Rehabilitation
- Designed, taught and examined the canine component of the ACPAT Core Knowledge and Skills course
- International speaker in canine physiotherapy, rehabilitation and hydrotherapy
- Presented with the Canine Hydrotherapy Association (CHA) Award in 2017 for outstanding services to the UK hydrotherapy industry
- Chartered Physiotherapist and Veterinary Physiotherapist with 40 years clinical experience
- Current Chair of the Institute of Registered Veterinary and Animal Physiotherapists (IRVAP) and it’s sub group; the Institute of Canine Hydrotherapists (ICH).
Who we are
We’re a team of passionate canine physiotherapists looking to make complex topics and training more accessible through online and in-person learning.
Listening to David Attenborough’s eloquent words as I watched a male Sloth struggle to swim across water in order to find his future mate in high-definition detail, I jumped up and had an A-ha! moment.
I was watching Blue Planet on the BBC and wondered to myself,
How could we bring this kind of beautiful immersive learning to canine physiotherapy, rehabilitation, hydrotherapy and canine health care?
The music, visuals and “story telling” narration took the observer on a journey of learning which was totally absorbing and gripping; I was immediately inspired. What if we could make canine skills training feel like an episode of Blue Planet?
How could we reach those who shared our passion for working with dogs and share skills in this mindful and heartfelt way? While we’re no David Attenborough, and we certainly don’t have a BBC budget, all of our training has been created with your learning experience in mind.
We’re a team of dog-loving humans behind the screen, aiming to bring you an online training experience unlike any you may have taken before. We help you advance your canine skills by offering you choices of different courses and canine CPD to help the dogs in your life.
Learn from the comfort of your home
We are constantly expanding our catalogue of unique instructional Canine Technical Videos (K9TVs + OneShot Videos) found in all our courses and membership site.
Our online content is exciting and clinically enriched with clinical tools, informative script, video links, downloadable PDFs, case studies, annotated visuals, workbooks, quizzes, templates and guided tasks.
As an SEG Awards approved centre granted with “direct claims status” due to our continual achievement of being identified as outstanding and excellent in all areas, we wish to share our successes with you.
Our online courses and membership site are innovative and flexible, as well as being super convenient, fitting around both your work and home commitments. There are no additional costs for travel, hotels, resources, or course materials and no worries about being away from your busy practice, as everything is provided for you at your fingertips.