K9HS Courses + CPD Terms + Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to services provided by
K9HS, Unit 21, The Business Centre, The Street, Earl Soham, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP13 7SA.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These terms and conditions apply to the sale of any online course, in-person training courses. Please read these terms and conditions as by clicking on the button you will be agreeing to these terms.
Online course means the delivery by us of an online course or CPD resources where you access course materials remotely.
In-person courses with online course material means you have an in-person practical component as part of the online course.
K9HS Courses website provides these services with reasonable care and skill in accordance with the description set out on the website. We reserve the right to vary or withdraw any of the services described on the website without notice.
If you decide to proceed and purchase a service from us we will expect you to acknowledge and accept that the course or CPD you choose meets your needs. We do not make any guarantee or undertaking to you that you will obtain a particular result, professional qualification or employment opportunity from your purchase and completion of any of the services.
A legally binding agreement between K9HS and you (the purchaser) starts when K9HS sends you an email accepting your offer to purchase services from us and in addition that we have received cleared payment of the relevant fees due. Where your course order consists of multiple online or in-person courses, each individual course will be treated by us as a separate offer of purchase.
It is the responsibility of the purchaser;
- To have suitable electronic equipment, devices and broadband width to access the online course materials and submit required assignments
- To attend the practical modules and be punctual, prepared and bring all the necessary equipment, notes and files as directed
- To complete and submit all work to a professional standard and within agreed time frames
- To self-manage the assessment portfolio which must be completed and submitted in the agreed time frame
- To respect colleagues, instructors, trainers, staff and visitors at K9HS , Active Balance and K9 Aqua Ltd
- To accept positive feedback constructively
- To grant permission that photographs, videos, voice recordings of the course attendee taken during the course can be used by K9HS without restriction, be it in print, projection, social media, video, internet website, online courses or any future media market
- To read and agree to abide by K9HS Health + Safety Policy, Risk Assessment and accept our Diversity + Equality Policy and Disability Policy relevant to the practical in-person course components
If you have purchased an online course and proceed to access (log in) or download all or part of the provided material then you shall have no right to cancel your order. Although K9HS aims to provide services to the highest standards of the industry, neither it, nor its instructors accept any liability for (i) any inaccuracy or misleading information provided in the programmes or course materials (ii) any loss or corruption of data.
Intellectual Property Rights
Intellectual Property Rights in the course materials, online courses, CPD resources, professional discussions made by trainers both online in video training or at the face to face courses are, and remain, the intellectual property of K9HS.
You are not authorised to:
- Copy, modify, reproduce, re-publish, sub licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the course or CPD resources and materials without prior written permission
- Record on video or audio tape, relay by videophone or other means the online course or face to face in person course
- Use the course materials in the provision of any other course or training whether given by us or any third party trainer
Remove any copyright or other notice of K9HS or Barbara Houlding on the course materials
- Modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, decompile, any software forming part of the online courses or CPD resources
Breach by you of this shall allow us to immediately terminate all services and agreements with you and cease to provide you with any services, including but not limited to access to the online courses.
In consideration of the fees paid by you, we grant to you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the course materials and the software in respect of the online course or CPD resources for the sole purpose of completing the online course, meet CPD requirements and/or attending the practical components of the face to face training / course.
Each party shall keep the other party’s confidential information strictly confidential and not use it otherwise than for the purposes of these terms and conditions, and shall return it on demand and not retain copies of it. Either party may disclose confidential information to its legal and other advisors for the purposes of obtaining advice from them.
We shall be entitled to terminate these terms and conditions and cease to provide you with any services with immediate effect in the event that you:
- Fail to pay when due your fees
- Act in an aggressive, bullying, offensive, threatening or harassing manner towards any employee of K9HS or instructor who provides the in-person courses
- Cheat or plagiarise any work which you are required to submit in connection with the services
- Are in breach of these terms and conditions
K9HS shall not be liable to you for any breach of its obligations or termination under these terms and conditions arising from causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, fires, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes and other Acts of God, terrorism, strikes, delay caused by transport disputes, failure to provide a course caused by a death in the trainer’s family or illness of the trainer.
The nature of the services provided by us means that we will obtain, use and disclose certain information about you (“data”). This statement sets out the principles governing our use of data.
When you register with us you will need to provide certain data such as your contact details and demographic information. We will store this data and use it to contact you, provide you with details of the services you have purchased and otherwise as required during the normal provision of the course.
We may also use the above data, and similar data you provide us in response to surveys, to user profiles and provide you with communications. We will not pass any personal data onto anyone outside of K9HS.
To enable us to monitor and improve our services, we gather certain information about you, including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address, the URL you came from and go to and the parts of the website you visit.
We use information such as your user ID, session identifiers and password to enable us to identify whether you are using our services, assist with the provision of services and to ensure that you have access to relevant products. We will only read cookies from your cookie file placed there through your web browser’s interaction with the website.
Our products may link to third party websites and we are not responsible for their data policies or procedures or their content.
K9HS endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data including the use of encryption technology, but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose. You accept the inherent security implications of being and transacting online over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
K9HS may supplement the information that you provide with information we receive from third parties, such as exam registration bodies.
If you believe that any information we are storing on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct the relevant information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent any unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you online.